In a bizarre case, an 87-year-old woman called a voluntary organisation for help after being tired of her husband’s repeated demands for sex. The 89-year-old man was then cured of his sex addiction through yoga and meditation.
New Delhi: The woman, a resident of Vadodara dialed an NGO seeking help to cure her husband of sex addiction. The woman narrated her ordeal that upon declining her husband’s advances, he would berate her, lose temper, and would shout which made her very uncomfortable.
The octogenarian couple, who live with their only son and daughter-in-law are said to have maintained healthy marital relationships for many years. However, the husband’s insistence on sex at this age was baffling for the woman, who has been ailing with various conditions and remains constantly fatigued.
The NGO thereafter counseled the elderly man and made him practice yoga and meditation to divert his urges.
What is sex addiction?
According to health experts, it is one of the mental health disorders where a lack of control over sexual thoughts, urges, and impulses make you overindulge in sex significantly negatively impacting life.
A person with sex addiction constantly needs to be sexually stimulated and the desires are so strong that they interfere with daily life. This compulsive behaviour can have serious consequences in personal and professional life, that include substance abuse, alcohol addiction, impact on physical and mental health, and a rift in personal relationships.
What are the symptoms of a sex addict?
Sexual addiction can happen both physically and mentally, and here are a few symptoms to notice:
- Having too much sex
- Obsessive thoughts on sex
- Feeling shame and anxiety
- Feeling suicidal
- Disinterested in other activities
- Excessive masturbation
- Inappropriate behaviour
- Cheating on partner
Treating sex addiction
According to psychologists, sex addiction is treated just like any other mental health issue. There are various therapies one can take to get over the problem.
- Yoga: Practicing yoga daily is said to be one of the best ways to cure sex addiction. According to psychologists, yoga is effective in controlling your mind and diverts your mind to various other activities as well. Yoga practitioners believe that breathing modulations and postures help enhance physical strength, and relax you mentally and spiritually. The best yoga poses to get over sex addiction include downward fog pose, butterfly pose, lunges, seated forward bend pose, mountain pose, etc.
- Meditation: Mindful meditation is another way to get over sex addiction wherein focusing on breath and sensations in the body helps in making you control the urges and any negative emotions you have. Practicing meditation regularly increases your overall sense of well-being and helps control emotional responses, and triggers.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
News Source : Times Now